Eileen Romito (Eileen McAuslan) has been working as a real estate agent in Chicago, Illinois since 2007. She has a bachelor's degree in finance from the University of Iowa. She began working in the banking industry out of college and later moved into the field of real estate where she has grown to be an expert in various Chicago neighborhoods.
Her deep understanding of the economy and the financial aspects of property ownership, along with her analytical background makes her a great Realtor to help you through the home buying or selling process. One of Eileen's passions is technology and she finds unique ways to incorporate technology into helping her clients with buying and selling property in the Chicago area.
Eileen lives with her husband in Chicago in Roscoe Village, a wonderful neighborhood on the north side of the city.
My main focuses are the following community areas of Chicago:
- Downtown Chicago & Near North (including Gold Coast, River North, River West, Streeterville, Old Town)
- Lincoln Park (including Old Town & DePaul area)
- **Lakeview (including Wrigleyville)** [AREA OF EXPERTISE]
- Edgewater (including Andersonville)
- **North Center (including Roscoe Village)** [AREA OF EXPERTISE]
- Lincoln Square (including Ravenswood)
- South Loop of Chicago (including Museum Park & Dearborn Park)
Additionally, I have experience working in the following neighborhoods and cities:
- Near West, West Town, Logan Square (including West Loop, UIC, Tri-Taylor, Bucktown, Wicker Park, Ukrainian Village)
- Other North & West Side Neighborhoods (Edgebrook, Forest Glen, Jefferson Park, Rogers Park, Portage Park, Norwood Park, Edison Park, Galewood, Dunning)
- Nearby Suburbs (Evanston, Lincolnwood, Skokie, Niles, Park Ridge, Morton Grove, Elmwood Park, Harwood Heights, Norridge, Oak Park)
Lastly, I am part of an international network of realtors, so if I don't specialize in your area, please contact me anyway to be set up with another professional agent like myself who is a better fit for your location of interest!
At our listing meeting, I will go through a marketing plan tailored specifically to your property. However, below are some of the basic tenets of how I sell property, and I hope you will invite me into your home so I can show you the rest.
1) We will have an initial consultation and I will provide suggestions and guide you in getting your home "photo-ready" and "showing-ready".
2) I follow up with buyers after showings & open houses in order to determine the buyer's interest in your property & get feedback that will allow us to make changes to improve future showings.
3) I utilize technology in such a way that a broader audience of buyers is reached, and you are integrated fully into the sale process. The specifics of your property will determine what audience I target and by what means of communication I do so. We will discuss this further at our listing meeting.
4) I respond within the hour & usually within 10 minutes to all requests from buyers via the internet for showings or more information. Internet buyers want a quick response and I am able to give that to them.
5) Most Importantly: You are integrated fully into the sale process! This means that marketing information is very transparent for you! You will be electronically "linked-in" to the MLS transaction to see how your property is percevied by potential buyers. You will receive feedback from showings via e-mail. You will receive regular reports on how many "online showings" your property has received. And much more! We'll go over all of this together at our initial meeting.
I'll meet with you for initial consultation before beginning work with you as a buyer. At this point, we will talk about your needs, as well as how I do business. I will help you get a full grasp on the buying process, and answer any of your questions so that you feel comfortable. If you and I feel we are a good fit for eachother, we'll begin the quest to find you the perfect property!
I will make sure I have a full understanding of your property criteria and begin the initial footwork. I'll then be able to save you time by narrowing down the listings that I know won't work for you & showing you only the best.
As we start visiting properties, I'll help you understand the good points and potential "problem areas", and familiarize you with the neighborhoods and nearby market trends. I'll also dig up listings that you might not necessarily have considered on your own due to the listing being overpriced or needing some work, and I'll show you how you might be able to get it within your budget and/or fix it up to make it exactly what you're looking for.
Once we've found you the right place, I'll discuss with you what it may be worth based on the current market conditions. I'll help you write up the offer & go through the property disclosures with you.
Once a contract has been accepted, I'll attend the inspection(s) either with you or on your behalf, and I'll be the point of contact between you, the listing agent, your attorney, & your mortgage lender to make sure all of the pertinent paperwork gets processed on time.
Read Eileen's client testimonials here.
Activities and Interests
Eileen is an avid runner, having run cross country and track in high school. She continues to run Chicago area races, and in 2006 completed the Chicago marathon, but she especially loves the middle distance races of around 8k-10 miles. Other hobbies of hers include SCUBA diving and playing the piano. She loves to travel and she and her husband are working on planning a trip around the world at some point in their future. One of Eileen's favorite local organizations is Gigi's Playhouse which offers great programs that helps with the growth of families affected by down syndrome.