Areas of Expertise
- A Full Time Realtor
- Serving Chicago and the Northwest Suburbs, and anywhere else you need
- Your Des Plaines neighbor since 1986
- Construction and trades, built my own loft at Prairie and Center street in Des Plaines. I am well versed in plumbing, electrical, mechanical, roofing, and HVAC systems.
- 19 years of award winning customer service
- Specialized service for buyers-saving you from buying a money pit! I look at each home like an inspector does, so we can spot problems before we start negotiations. If the sellers are not realistic on their price, based on the condition, we will continue looking.
- Technology is my friend, changes to your listing are done by me, as soon as I get to a computer, not monday when the office opens.
Education and Designations
- USMC veteran of the cold war
- Specialized in microwave and radio transmission
- Highly proficient with all types of technical equipment, computers and software
- GRI I Designee
- Certified relocation specialist
Serving All Of Your Real Estate Needs
My career in real estate differs dramatically from most of my peersâ€™. Perhaps this is why my enthusiasm about helping you be in your perfect home is different, also. Following my honorable discharge from the United States Marines in 1985, I began a challenging career in telecommunications. Concurrently, I attended college part-time, then met and married my artist wife, Jill. When I was ready to purchase our first home in 1990, to teach myself about the buying process, I took the real estate licensing class and exam. Subsequently we bought, re-zoned, and remodeled a 2-story former bicycle shop in Des Plaines into a singular Chicago-style loft. Our life in our wonderful home with our 6 year old Tallulah Rose is a gift, every day. I have PASSION about my home and understand your home is important to you, too. I will dedicate myself to getting you the best price for your home. I feel it is your equity, it is not mine to give away to a buyer, I have to protect your investment, and do everything necessary to maximize your return.
At the same time, I can help you find the new dream home you will love. I can work in your desired method of search, I will give you a personal demonstration of how to find the best home, in the shortest amount of time. The rich combination of search tools available to home buyers is amazing if you know how to use them. Once we have identified potential homes to see, I set appointments at your convenience, and we get in and make notes on the homes we see. During these initial viewings, I am acting as both agent and inspector. My years of experience in home inspection, repair and maintenance allow me to spot potentially serious problems with a home prior to us even making an offer. If a home is in such poor shape, and the price does not adequately reflect the condition, we negotiate with the seller to achieve a realistic price, or we move on to the next home. Once we have a contract, I accompany your inspector and we look at everything.