Carmen Corbett joined Coldwell Banker to offer her unique approach to the real estate process. Carmen Corbett serves the North Shore areas including: Wilmette, Kenilworth, Winnetka, Glencoe, Evanston, Glenview, etc..
Carmen Corbett closely collaborates with her clients to successfully accomplish their desired residential transitions,i.e. transitioning college graduates into their first condo; transitioning buyers into their first home; transitioning home owners as they upgrade; transitioning empty- nesters as they downsize.
In response to recent difficult economic times, Carmen Corbett is SFR (Short Sales and Forclosure Resource) certified by the National Association of Realtors (NAR) to counsel sellers and buyers regarding their options in the evolving short sale and foreclosure bank process.
In this ever changing real estate market it is essential that Realtors accurately assess current market conditions, listen to the needs of the client, and obtain the very best price for the client -- this is my commitment.
Today's clients expect their agents to represent them with the highest degree of professionalism and integrity -- this too is my commitment.
#Carmen Corbett is easy to work with, proactive, responsive, and tenacious ... and won't be satisfied until YOU are satisfied.
"In all my endeavors, personal and professional, my goal is to improve the lives of my clients, the local community, and the world at large."
How I can help you to transition
- Provide YOU with my best professional advice based upon YOUR goal and objectives, analytical market analysis, current market conditions, and extensive market knowledge as a native of the Chicago area and a resident of the North Shore since 1991
- Acquaint clients with community information to enable them to make better informed decisions
- Apply analytical, marketing and negotiating skills acquired as a successful mortgage banker, commercial lender, corporate treasury manager, and volunteer to help clients successfully transition and accomplish their goals
- SFR (Short Sales and Foreclosure Resource) certified by the National Association of Realtors (NAR) to provide counseling to sellers and buyers regarding the evolving short sale and foreclosure bank process in response to difficult economic times and to explain how the general distressed sales market affects your property
- Offer exceptional service with commitment, integrity and professionalism that YOU expect and deserve
- Provide a complimentary market analysis of your home to arrive at the right marketing program or approach for YOU
Education and Training
- MBA, Northwestern University, Kellogg School of Management, Chicago, IL
- MSIR, Loyola University, Chicago, IL
- BA, Loyola University, Chicago, IL
Carmen Corbett grew up in the Chicago area, graduated from Longwood Academy H.S., and earned an academic undergraduate scholarship to Loyola University of Chicago; and subsequently awarded graduate degrees from both Loyola University (BA) and Northwestern University (MBA).
During the course of her professional career Carmen Corbett has been employed as a residential mortgage banker for Bank of America; a commercial lender with Northern Trust Bank (Chicago) as well as the former Crocker National Bank and Wells Fargo Bank (formerly First Interstate Bank) in California; and a Director of Investor Relations and Corporate Treasury Manager for Navistar International (formerly International Harvester Company). Success in these positions required marketing and negotiating, financial and analytical skills. Her clients consider her to be knowledgeable, candid, reliable, persistent, flexible, and open to suggestions and feedback. These skills are all essential to being an effective, successful real estate broker.
After spending twelve years in both northern and southern California, in 1991 Carmen Corbett and her family relocated to Highland Park, and moved to Wilmette, IL in 1996. She has been involved in fundraising activities for both not-for-profit and political organizations; and enjoys travel and physical fitness as her schedule permits.
Carmen Corbett is a member and served as 2012 Program Chair of the Women's Council of Realtors (WCR), a network of real estate professionals committed to the personal and professional growth of its members; and focused on educating and empowering them to advance in their careers.
Carmen Corbett has been SFR (Short Sales and Foreclosure) certified by the National Association of Realtors (NAR) to counsel and facilitate bank short sale and foreclosure transactions on behalf of buyers and sellers in response to the difficult economic times. Whether or not your property is a distress sale, your transaction is being affected by the general real estate market conditions. Being better informed will arm buyers and sellers with the tools they will need to make informed decisions regarding the sale or purchase of their home.
Communities I Serve
In addition to the Chicago area, I can help you in the North Shore communities including Wilmette, Kenilworth, Winnetka, Glencoe, Evanston, Glenview, Skokie.
What you should know
turbulent economic times have caused us to lose sight of what is the TRUE value
of a home. There has been a fixation on the price of the home rather than its
intrinsic value to the buyers.
value of a home can be measured in many ways e.g. the children born; the family
milestones celebrated; the security it provides; the many friends and neighbors
welcomed; the countless memories created; the dreams launched.
any of you looking to transition to your next home to first consider the
intangibles that will determine the TRUE value of YOUR home for YOU and YOUR
family; and only secondarily its value as a financial investment.
I can help YOU transition to YOUR next home; launch YOUR dreams; celebrate YOUR
family milestones; create YOUR memories...
Call me at
847-989-8276 ~ Carmen Corbett